Penny BoardsShow Filters
Showing all 14 results
Showing all 14 results
Ultimate Guide to Penny Boards: Buying Tips, Maintenance, and Benefits
In the dynamic world of skateboarding, Penny Boards have carved a niche for themselves, offering a unique blend of style, convenience, and fun. These compact, lightweight boards are not only a hit among the youth but also among adults who are young at heart. Before you set out to buy your first Penny Board, here’s a comprehensive guide to help you make an informed decision.
1. Size and Shape Penny Boards come in various sizes, typically ranging from 22 to 27 inches. The smaller boards are great for younger riders or those looking for a highly portable option, while the larger ones offer more stability.
2. Deck Material Most Penny Boards have a plastic deck, which is lightweight and durable. However, some variants come with wooden decks for those preferring a traditional feel.
3. Wheel Type The wheels of Penny Boards are softer and larger compared to traditional skateboards, offering a smoother ride. Ensure to choose wheels with the right durometer for your riding style.
4. Trucks The trucks on a Penny Board are wider, providing better stability and control. When buying, check the quality of the trucks to ensure a safe and enjoyable ride.
At ProSkaters Place, we take pride in being the number one retailer for Penny Boards in the USA and Canada. Our commitment to quality and variety has made us a favorite destination for skating enthusiasts. We offer an unparalleled selection of products, housing the best brands in the industry. Whether you are looking for inline skates for a smooth ride or roller skates for a classic experience, we have got you covered. Our collection also extends to scooters and electric transport options, catering to all age groups and skill levels. Don’t forget to check out our new arrivals for the latest additions and our clearance items section for great deals. We also offer a wide range of protective gear and apparel to ensure your safety while enjoying the ride.
1. Regular Cleaning To prolong the life of your Penny Board, clean it regularly to remove dirt and grime, especially from the bearings and wheels.
2. Bearing Maintenance Bearings are crucial for a smooth ride. Clean and lubricate them regularly to prevent wear and tear.
3. Deck Care If your Penny Board has a wooden deck, it might require occasional sanding and sealing to maintain its condition.
4. Wheel Replacement Over time, the wheels might wear down. Keep an eye on the wheel condition and replace them when necessary to ensure a safe ride.
Benefits of Penny Boards
1. Portability One of the standout benefits of Penny Boards is their portability. Their compact size makes them easy to carry around, making them the perfect companion for urban commuting.
2. Easy to Learn Thanks to their stable structure, Penny Boards are relatively easy to learn, making them a great choice for beginners.
3. Versatility Penny Boards are versatile and can be used for cruising around the city or performing tricks at the skate park.
4. Affordable Penny Boards are generally more affordable compared to other types of skateboards, making them a great option for those on a budget.
Penny Boards have revolutionized the world of skateboarding with their unique features and benefits. Whether you are a beginner looking to start your skating journey or a seasoned skater looking for a portable option, Penny Boards are a fantastic choice. Remember to consider the size, deck material, and wheel type when buying and follow the maintenance tips to enjoy a long-lasting skating experience. Happy Skating!
Top 5 Questions about penny boards answered!
Penny board vs skateboard?
A Penny board is a type of skateboard, but it is smaller and has a retro design. It is known for its portability and lightweight structure, making it suitable for cruising and short distances. A traditional skateboard, on the other hand, is larger and offers more stability, making it suitable for tricks and skatepark use.
Is it easier to ride a penny board or a skateboard?
Whether it’s easier to ride a penny board or a skateboard depends on personal preference and the intended use. Penny boards, with their smaller size and lighter weight, might be easier for cruising and for beginners to maneuver. Skateboards, with a larger surface area, offer more stability, which might be easier for performing tricks and stunts.
Can you go to a skatepark with a penny board?
Yes, you can take a penny board to a skatepark. However, due to its smaller size and different structure, it might not be the best choice for performing complex tricks and stunts that are usually done with traditional skateboards. It’s more suited for cruising and carving rather than aggressive skatepark riding.
Is a Penny board better than a longboard?
Whether a Penny board is better than a longboard depends on what you are looking for in a board. Penny boards are compact and portable, making them great for short commutes and easy to carry around. Longboards, on the other hand, offer a smoother and more stable ride over longer distances, making them better suited for cruising and downhill riding.
Is it harder to ride a penny board?
Riding a penny board can be perceived as harder, especially for individuals used to riding traditional skateboards or longboards. The smaller deck size requires more balance and control. However, with practice, many find riding a penny board to be a fun and unique experience.